Monday, May 18, 2009

Craving Cinnamon Raisin Bagels



My internet was shaped this week due to too many episodes of Australia’s Next Top Model watched on youtube. The Office season 5 just finished as well (amazing!) so that probably contributed to it too. However, my internet is back now and I’ve got a glut of posts to publish.

Ok, I ate pretty much all of these over two days and now that they’re gone, I’m still craving them. I had a craving for these on Saturday and had to go through the pain of their two-day preparation period before being able to consume them. They are incredibly delicious. I ate some of them for breakfast with apricot jam and Philly, but most of them were devoured toasted with lots of butter.

I found this recipe on the gorgeous Smitten Kitchen blog. Uni is heating up at the moment and I just don’t have the time to make these again, so tomorrow I think I’ll be off to Glick's around morning tea time to get my fix. I’ll give you guys a link to the recipe because it is super, ridiculously long. However, don’t be put off! It doesn’t really involve much work, just lots of little tasks and long resting periods. I started these on a Saturday afternoon and they were easily finished for Sunday breakfast. One warning, tip the excess semolina flour off the trays before baking – it burns easily! And remember, raisins = sultanas.

Cinnamon Raisin Bagels

No comments: